First of all, welcome to our toolbox! We are happy that you are interested in professionalising yourself (and hopefully your colleagues) in supporting language students to practise speaking autonomously.
The toolbox will guide you through several steps to be followed:
- diagnosing your students
- providing them with motivating (semi)autonomous activities
- coaching and keeping them on track
These steps have already been taken in the Speaking for Yourself project. In other words: this is not just a theoretical construct. We are teachers ourselves and we've developed and tried out the process and materials, which we put at your disposal.
So... what's in it for you?
What we ended up providing you with, is
- a description of the procedure we used
- guidelines and advice from us
- instruments and materials made by us